Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Mini Frittatas

Tired of cereal for breafast? (Me too!) Try this! You can make these ahead and then just heat them up for breakfast or even just a nice (South Beach or Atkins friendly) snack!


Mini Frittatas:
5 Eggs
¼ cup skim milk
¼ tsp. salt
Dash of white pepper (or use regular, whatever)
½ cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
½ cup each of chopped green onions, red bell pepper, yellow pepper, mushrooms
Olive oil

1) Preheat oven to 375 (F). In a small bowl, wisk the eggs, salt, and pepper together and set aside.
2) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until tender.


3) Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray and evenly distribute the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top of the vegetables.

4) Pour the egg mixture into each section of the pan until it is almost full.

5) Bake for 13-15 minutes until the egg is set. Let cool a few minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Shelly B said...

Those look yummy. Thanks for the idea, I think I'm going to make a bunch, freeze them and the kids can pop them in the microwave for a hot breakfast before school. Then I can tell all my friends I made my kids Frittatas for breakfast on a school day.

Вера said...

extra!