Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crock Pot Taco Soup

I adapted this recipe because I couldn't find some of the ingredients here. It turned out wonderful. I especially liked it with Ritz crackers dipped into it. Super easy to make.

Crock Pot Taco Soup:

1 lb. shredded chicken (I used the leftover chicken from the double batch I made for the enchiladas)
1 can pinto beans
1 can white beans
1 can corn
1 can tomato and chilies
2 can diced tomatoes (or one large can)
1 TBSP green chili paste
1 envelope of taco seasoning
1/2 bottle of your favorite Ranch dressing (I used Delightfully Light)

1) Add all ingredients to Crock Pot (for the cans of beans and corn I drained the liquid and then filled them back up with water, but you can just dump them in). Stir to combine well.
2) Cook on low for 4 hours.

Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or drain some of the liquid off and eat it inside of a tortilla.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mary-Leah said...

Hey! Thanks for a great recipe for my leftover Cinco de Mayo stuff! :)

Pam said...

Mmm. My kind of comfort food. Sounds delicious.

Shelly B said...

This was really good, I made it yesterday with the leftover chicken that we grilled on Friday night. Except I used black beans and pinto beans, I didn't have any white beans. I also threw in a can of mexican style corn since I did't have any chili paste, it gave it a little bit more spice.

It was yummy thanks for sharing your recipes.