Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spinach Mango Avocado Macadamia Nut Salad

Long name, amazing yum. We will be having this OFTEN. The original recipe comes from Healthy. Happy. Life. I don't like arugula so I switched it for spinach and it was incredible. I ate it for lunch two days later and it was STILL amazing. Yum.

Spinach Mango Avocado Macadamia Nut Salad
inspired by Dole's Salad Summit - makes one giant bowl

1 large mango, cubed
1 avocado, diced
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, roasted/salted
5 cups fresh arugula

optional add-in's: sweet onions, diced apple, diced pineapple ... more

dressing (or use your own recipe):
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp agave syrup
pepper
dash garlic powder

Directions:

1. I made a quickie salad dressing out of a few of my favorite flavors. Whisked it together and tossed it with the salad ingredients - except the arugula!

2. I tossed the avocado, mango and nuts with the salad dressing - then poured it right over the greens. I didn't toss the salad together until we were ready to serve the salad. Otherwise the arugula would get quite soggy.

3. Top with fresh black pepper! Serve!

No comments: