Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Biscuits with Apple Topping

I wanted to make a dessert that wasn't too heavy or sweet, so I thought this recipe worked perfectly! It ended up being AWESOME and the apples could even be used as Apple Pie filling. The whole family loved this one! I didn't even have a chance to take a picture of it before it was half-devoured! :)


Biscuits with Apple Topping:

3 cups of thinly spiced apples, peeled
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
splash of Almond extract
1 can Biscuits
1) In a saucepan (no heat), stir together all ingredients except biscuits. Let sit for 15 minutes.

2) Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until apples are tender.
3) Transfer apple mixture to a 9-inch pie plate, spread out evenly. Top with biscuits and bake in a 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.

4) Turn them upside down onto a serving dish and serve warm.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mimi/Papa said...

YUMMM....I can smell it now, baking in the oven...we love anything apple so we're going to try this one this weekend! I might add some blueberries I bought (frozen) as we sort of got "hooked" on them this past weekend at Mary-Leah's! Peter, Mike's son, loved them and then we all started eating them!! Thanks for a good recipe. I also have a magazine to send to you that has some yummy sounding recipes for your slow cooker!! I'm going to copy them for me since they sound like something that would be nice for "dinner for two" since that's all we are now!! :( ahha Love you!! Mimi and Papa