Monday, April 6, 2009

White Chicken Chili

Ok, so I am not normally a chili fan, but my husband is, so I feel bad if I don't cater meals to him sometimes. Luckily, I found (and changed, of course) this recipe so that it is now a family favorite. It is a Crock Pot recipe (so I love it), it has shredded chicken (so Kaden loves it) and it is spicy and beany enough that Stu loves it too. We all ate the leftovers for lunches and cleaned our bowls every time. Give it a try!



White Chicken Chili:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of Great Northern Beans (white beans)
2 cups of chicken broth (low sodium works)
1 cup chopped white onion
2 cans chopped green chilies (I couldn't find any here so I just used a few teaspoons of the paste)
red pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Toppings:
Sour cream
Shredded Cheddar cheese


1) Place the chicken and chicken broth in the Crock Pot and cook for 5 hours on low.
2) Shred the chicken with two forks in the Crock Pot. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 2 more hours or until the onions are softened.
3)Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. We also got out the tortilla chips the next day for lunches and they were awesome too!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

gluten free pammy said...

I make this many times in the winter, pictures look yummy

Anonymous said...

Back from italy....get cookin!

Sydney said...

Yes, but I have been sick since we got back. I doubt people really want the instructions for how to make Lipton "Cup-a-soup" :)