Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vegetarian Avocado Burritos

The hubby and I go back on forth on health kicks. This time it was him (I was content to just sit there and eat a tube of cookie dough). So I invented this meatless recipe since we LOVE both avocados and Mexican food. Perfect combo. Even my 20-month-old loved this recipe!

Vegetarian Avocado Burritos:

2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp lime juice (I didn't have fresh so I just used the fake stuff)
6 flour or corn tortillas

Garnishes:
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar cheese
chopped tomato
shredded lettuce

1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
2) Warm tortillas if desired and spread with avocado mixture, then top with your favorite garnishes. We used all of the one mentioned above.

If you like beans, this would be a good way to add some protein to this meal. I ate these by themselves for lunch, but with some Mexican rice, this could definitely be a whole meal. I was surprised how satisfied I felt. Enjoy! :)

No comments: