Thursday, October 23, 2008

Potato Cakes

Last night we had Baked Pepper Chicken, which I've already posted the recipe for here. I also made potato cakes and just some frozen mixed veggies on the side. The Potato Cakes are always a big hit, here is the recipe:

Potato Cakes:

2 cups grated potatoes, the water squeezed out (I literally just pick up a small handful of them and squeeze as much of the water out as I can)
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
oil for frying

Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add about 2 Tablespoons of oil to the pan, let it heat up. Drop spoonfuls of the batter to the oil, cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, flip, fry until golden brown. Remove to paper towels. Kaden and I eat them as they are, Stu likes them with ketchup.

Enjoy!

No comments: