Saturday, January 17, 2009

Counting Calories: Week 2

So this week I feel like I did pretty well again. I lost another kilo, or 2.2 pounds and I still haven’t had any real cravings that I felt like I couldn’t control easily. I found out this week that the two best ways for me to fight cravings are first to try brushing my teeth. My son loves to brush his teeth every time we pass by the bathroom, so I find myself taking advantage of this by brushing mine 3-4 times per day too. If I am craving something sweet particularly, this is a great method.
The other thing I try is drinking a full glass of cold water (not so I get a headache!). A lot of the time I think I feel hungry, I really am just thirsty, and the cold water is so much more satisfying for me than luke warm water.

Anyway, here is what I ate this week. My meals have been pretty boring and repetitive, so don’t expect any fabulous gems in there:

Sunday: (total calories: 875)
Breakfast: tea with honey, a poached egg on toast
Lunch: Salad with turkey, tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, and light italian dressing and a handful of tortilla chips.
Dinner: Soy Balsamic Chicken, fresh green beans, 1/2 baked potato, and a dinner roll
Snack: Popcorn and a packet of Fun Dip (you know, the sugar that you eat with a stick!)

Monday: (total calories: 1,242)
Breakfast: Mini Fritattas, tea with honey
Lunch: Salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and a turkey and avocado sandwich
Dinner: Ground Beef Stroganoff, dinner roll, salad with balsamic vinegar

Tuesday: (total calories: 1,414)
Breakfast: tea with honey, Total cereal with milk
Lunch: Lipton Cream of Chicken Soup packet, turkey and avocado sandwich
Dinner: Tuna Macaroni and Cheese and a dinner roll

Wednesday: (total calories: 1,296)
Breakfast: tea with honey, cereal and milk
Lunch: Turkey and avocado sandwich
Dinner: Barbeque chicken burritos, french fries
Snack: popcorn

Thursday: (total calories: 1,498)
Breakfast: tea with honey, egg sandwich
Lunch: Turkey and avocado sandwich, a mandarin orange, Lipton cup-a-soup, and some prepared, but not cooked blueberry muffin mix (yep!)
Dinner: Chili's Crispy Chicken Salad, Pepsi, Spinach and Artichoke dip and tortilla chips

Friday: (total calories: 1,213)
Breakfast: tea with honey, Total cereal and milk
Lunch: leftover tortilla chips and spinach dip, a lettuce wrap with turkey and feta cheese, and a pita with garlic paste
Dinner: Breakfast! Pancakes and scrambled eggs
Snack: Popcorn

Saturday: (total calories: 1,157)
Breakfast: tea with honey, cereal and milk
Lunch: turkey sandiwich
Dinner: Hamburger with avocado, French Fries and tomato slices on the side.

No comments: